Find your purpose | Become better equipped | Connect to a volunteer opportunity
Volunteer opportunities at Hatfield Christian Church
and partner ministries
Hatfield Christian Church Opportunities
Serve on a Hatfield Christian Church Team if you…
- have already attended Life Changers, or a past membership class at HCC
- attend a Sunday service at HCC and
- want to join a team supporting church based ministry
1. C4G, our children’s church department:
- Technical sound and set-up volunteers.
- Researchers and writers who can present and develop discipleship training to children.
- Ministry team volunteers assisting in C4G classes on Sundays.
2. Usher Team: Greet and guide people attending Sunday services.
3. Family Care: Welcome and support families with young children during services.
4. News Girls, our Ladies Ministry, need volunteers to assist with:
- Website maintenance (Joomla!) and Newsletter production assistance.
- Writers in various fields affecting women.
5. Media Team:
- Camera operators
- Song Board operators
- Make-up artists
- Racks engineers
- VT operators
- Lighting engineers
- Video editors, and
- Motion graphic artists.
6. Communion Team: Prepare communion for the Sunday services. Volunteer one Saturday and Sunday a month.
7. Baptism Team: Assist baptism candidates and welcome their families after the Sunday services.
8. Prayer Team: Volunteer to join the Prayer Team on Monday evenings.
9. Church Admin: Software programmers in Xcode or C++ needed to assist the church with an exciting special project.
10. Equipping at Hatfield: We need volunteers with strong English and typing skills to transcribe our LTS (Life Training School) recordings.
Partner Ministry Opportunities
Hatfield Christian Church is affiliated to a wide variety of ministries and organisations that focus on the local community. Your compassion and skills can make a difference in the lives of people in need of spiritual, emotional and physical support.
1. The Storehouse
- Sort, iron and/or pack clothing.
- Donate clothing and/or non-perishable food.
- Offer storage facilities.
- Volunteer a bakkie or another form of transport to help with the collection of donations.
2. Hospital Ministry
- Join the team on weekend outreaches to different hospitals in and around Tshwane.
- Receive training for regular visitation, support and comfort of the ill.
3. Befriend an Elderly & Fulami
- Offer regular visits or practical service to elderly people.
4. Hatfield Children’s Homes and other affiliated children’s organizations:
- We are looking for families who are willing to host a child (boys and girls of various ages) one weekend per month and/ or during school holidays. Screening of host families is part of the process.
- Offer dental care as needed.
- Help with homework.
- Offer extra-mural activities.
- Support a child by donating finance for their care.
5. SA Cares for Life:
- Care of toddlers at ABBA House.
- Offer administration support.
- Help with the maintenance of buildings and facilities.
- Contribute to the cost of a staff member’s salary or stipend.
- Donate toys and/or equipment.
6. The VIVA Foundation
- Offer homework assistance and study groups for high school pupils.
- Artists and musicians to teach at the Viva Art Centre.
- Assist with administration, marketing and events.
7. Betel SA
The team needs:
- Single Christian men willing to live, work & serve in the commune.
- Skilled plumbers & electricians.
- Donations of furniture for restoration & resale.
- A contribution or sponsor purchase of a 14 seater van in good condition.
8. Lebone Crafts
- Join the team that travels to Mamelodi on Tuesday mornings.
- Collect food and other donations.
- Offer prayer support.
9. Siyaphila Youth
- Reach out to HIV/AIDS affected families and individuals.
- Get involved in education, training and literacy programmes.
- Facilitate farming activities.
- Coach or provide equipment for sports activities.
10. Twelopele Step By Step
- Support farm development.
- Assist with administration and translation.
- Offer prayer support.
- Donate a freezer in good working condition.
11. Barakah Educational Foundation
- Offer homework assistance.
- Help with cooking and give practical support.
- Offer sports, arts and crafts.
- Assist with building projects.
- Donate food, finances and school supplies.
12. Family Impact (SA)
- Translate documents or oral presentations.
- Facilitate or present teachings.
- Offer administration, IT, or marketing support.
13. Acts Bridges
The team needs:
- Lecturers in biblical topics and cccupational skills.
- Administrative and professional support.
Volunteer your time to offer hope and practical support to needy children and elderly people living in Centurion, Mooiplaas and Laudium
15. Lily of Life
The ministry needs assistance from ladies able to offer:
- arts and crafts or occupational skills to women
- Life skills classes to girls ages 13-14.
Contact Cheryl: +27 12 368 2441 email@example.com